Sunday, March 22, 2015

"Disney Dude" by Bruce C Steele

This article came from The Advocate magazine on July 2nd, 2002. It talks about Dean DeBlois who was one of the co-directors of Lilo & Stitch. I think this would be a really good popular source because it's about one of the people that actually made the movie. I think the reason this article focuses on DeBlois and not Chris Sanders, the other co-director, is because DeBlois is gay. He could have felt more strongly about this film and bring in a different perspective when explaining how this film was animated. This article also supports the idea that Lilo & Stitch is a movie about family and how you can make your own as long as you treat the friends you find like family. There is no necessity for a blood bond as long as you have trust and love for each other. This might not be a scholarly article but as a popular source that expresses this view, I think it makes the opinion stronger. I think this article could help me a lot for my next essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment